Swimming Pool Health Benefits:
Swimming is the fourth most popular sports activity in the United States and is a great way to get regular aerobic physical exercise. Exercising in water offers many physical and mental health benefits and is a good choice for people who want to be more active but one thing to take into consideration before jumping in is the pool water quality
The benefits of swimming;
- Swimming can help maintain blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Swimming enhances the flexibility of your joints and provides the scope for boosting your physical activity workout level.
- It helps a person exercise almost all the muscles of their body, with the main focus being on arms and legs.
- Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness.
- It is found to have soothing effect on the mind as well as the body of a person, mainly by regulating breathing and stimulating circulation.
- Swimming is great workout activity for people of all ages.
Some general tips:
Before you dive in:
- Make sure you know how to swim.
- Choose a safe environment.
- Warm up and stretch your muscles and joints before entering the water.
- Have plenty of water on hand and drink regularly.
- Consult your doctor if you haven’t exercised for a long time.
- Ensure you have tested the pool water quality and it is safe to swim.
If you own a pool and need help testing the pool water quality, contact us.